For Technical Support:
For General Questions:
Neighborhood Friends, Inc.
3091 College Park Drive, #240-9
The Woodlands, Texas 77384
- HOME PAGE
- BUSINESS DIRECTORY
- LOCAL CLASSIFIEDS
- NEARBY PREDATORS & CRIME HISTORY
- SECURITY SETTINGS
- REPORTING ABUSE
- GENERAL QUESTIONS
Why am I asked to provide my name & gender, marital status, age, address and favorite activity?
- Your Name & Gender - This is a real community network where people enroll to see who else lives nearby. This site provides you a way to know your neighbors, and that is only possible when everybody uses their real name. If you are not comfortable using your real name then do not enroll into the site.
- Marital Status - This provides members the ability to seek out other members who share the same circle of friends as they do. Singles bond with other singles and married couples bond better with other married couples. Marital Status defaults to public for anybody to see but you have the option of changing the Security Setting inside your Profile Home to hide this information from view.
- Age or Birth Date - This is necessary to ensure that members are at least 18 years of age. This information is unavailable for anyone to view unless you change the Security Setting inside your Profile Home to allow others to view this information. Members Age Range allows others to quickly see the range of ages that live within a neighborhood to help them in their decision on whether or not they wish to become a member. The Age Range defaults to public view for anybody to see but you have the option of changing the Security Setting inside your Profile Home to hide this information from view.
- Your Address - This is necessary to verify you as a member at the address you listed, and indicate on the map the distance between you and other members. Only your approximate location will be displayed on the map, and your exact address is unavailable for anyone to view unless you change the Security Setting inside your Profile Home to allow others to view this information.
- Favorite Activity - This information allows others to quickly see the variety of interests within a neighborhood to help them in their decision on whether or not they wish to become a member. This site was created so members could easily search to find other members who share similar interests.
- What is a verified user?
A verified user is someone who has been verified as living at the address they have listed as their home address. This is checked periodically, and eventually there will be a verification process to ensure this 100% of the time.
- How do you prevent criminals and sex offenders from enrolling into this site?
There is no way to identify criminals and sex offenders but registered sex offenders can be identified under the Nearby Predators button and criminal activity can be identified under the Crime History button. This information is regularly updated and provided to us from www.familywatchdog.us. Known criminals and sex offenders are not allowed to enroll into the website.
- Why are children under the age of 18 not allowed to enroll?
This is a community networking site designed for adults so they can meet their fellow neighbors. There are many social networking sites that allow children to join but not this one.
- How can I change my Security Settings?
Navigate to your Profile Home by clicking on this button at the top of your screen, then click on the Security Settings tab below. Adjust the settings to your preference then click the Save Settings button at the bottom of the screen.
- How do I change my profile details?
To change any of your profile details click on your Profile Home button at the top of your screen, then click on the Edit link next to the information you want to change and make your change. To change your Age, Birth Date, Address, Telephone, City, State, Zip Code, Subdivision, County, or Marital Status click your Profile Home button at the top of your screen, then click on the Security Settings tab below. Click on the Edit link next to information you want to change and make your change.
- Must I re-enroll when I move to another location?
No because you are enrolled until you cancel your account. You must, however, edit your personal information that reflects your new physical address and any contact information including your new email address if it changes.
- How does the map work?
Based on your address the map displays 10, 20, 50 or 200 blue pegs of other members closest to you. You can scroll over each peg for information on that user, and by clicking on a peg the members Profile is displayed.
- How does the Alerts Section work?
When your pet goes missing then you may post an alert on the Home page by clicking on the Report a Missing Pet link. Answer the questions to post your alert and select the area where the alert will be displayed. The alert will remain on each members Home page in the alert area for 14 days unless you cancel the alert first. All alerts will go into the Missing Pet History archive showing the most current status of that alert. Additional Amber Alerts and weather and safety alerts will be posted here too.
- Why would I want to send a message to one of my newest neighbors?
NeighBUZZ.com can help to create life-long friendships with people that conveniently live nearby one another. When you send a Welcome to the Neighborhood email to the newest members in your area you initiate a neighborhood friendliness that will encourage a response back.
- How does the Upcoming Group Events work?
To post a group event on your home page click on the calendar icon and add your information which will be displayed in this section for you to refer to.
- What type of businesses are displayed here?
Any member who owns a business may post a listing of that business in this section. By clicking on the Search Bar you can determine the size of your search to find any business listed.
- How can I list my business?
To list your business, click on the Business Directory button and then click on the List My Business link. This is a FREE service but ad space is available for purchase.
- Why would I want to list my business here?
For now it's FREE. People enjoy doing business and refer others to people they know and trust. Your presence here will indicate how "neighborhood friendly" you are and build up a list of customers who might possibly know one another.
- What type of items are displayed here?
These are items that your neighbors have for sale, lease, loan or maybe a need for. They are found within your neighborhood to make it conveniently possible to pick-up and/or deliver in minutes rather day in days. Additional services that could be important to neighbors are also seen here.
- How can I list my items? To list your items click on the Local Classifieds button and then click on the Post Classifieds link. This is a FREE service but ad space is available for purchase.
- How is this section useful?
In an effort to protect each community, members are given access information that shows a local map by zip code of all registered sexual predators. Additional zip codes can be typed in to see the location of predators in any part of the country. As the information on neighborhood crime becomes available, members will have access to this data too. This information is regularly updated and provided to NeighBUZZ.com from www.FamilyWatchdog.us.
- Are these predators allowed to become members of Neighborhood Friends?
Known criminals and sex offenders will not be allowed to enroll, and registered offenders will be checked periodically to remove them from the web site. Eventually anyone living at the address listed as a registered sex offender will be scraped from the system making it impossible to enroll into the web site.
- What defines my friends?
Anyone who has sent you a friend request that you've accepted or who has accepted your friend request that you sent them.
- How do I invite my friends to the web site?
Clink on the Invite Others tab located on the My Friends page.
- How do I delete my friends?
Go to the My Friends button and locate the friend you want to delete then click on the trash can icon to delete them from your list of friends.
- How do I categorize my friends?
People have many different types of friends so NeighBUZZ.com provides you a way to categorize your friends so you can easily sort your friends by the category you've placed them in.
- How do I chat with my friends?
After you login click on the Chat link in the top right hand corner and if one of your friends is online then you can send them an invitation to chat with you at that time. Once they respond then begin typing your message and you can chat as long as you like.
- How to I email my friends?
Click on the Messages button and then the New Message tab within the message box. Begin typing your message and send it to any of your list of friends that are displayed for you to choose from. You can also email someone when you see the message icon displayed next to their name on the map or in one of the groups you're in.
- How do I create a group?
You can create a group by clicking on the Create Groups tab under the My Groups button.
- How do I delete a group?
As the creator of a group you have the ability to delete any group you have created by clicking on the Delete Group icon to the right of your listed group.
- How do I post a group alert?
To post a group alert click on the Admin tab on your group page and then click the Add Group Alert link.
- How do I post events for my group?
To post an event for your group click on the Events tab on your group page.
- How do I post pictures/videos on my group?
To post pictures and videos for your group click on the Photos/videos tab and then the Add Album link.
- How do I view the members of a group?
To view group members, click on the members tab of the group you are a member of. You will be able to see all a list view of your group members along with a map view showing where they are located.
- How do I report abuse on a group?
To report group abuse, contact the creator of that group and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I leave a group?
As a member you have the right to leave any group by clicking the Leave Group icon to the right of the group you are a member of.
- How does the messages feature work?
Email messages received from friends, classifieds and group members are categorized and can be displayed as such on the My Messages button by clicking on the Search button by categories. This section allows you to see all of your emails sent and received.
- How am I notified when I have a message waiting for me to read?
An email notification will go to your personal email account each time you received an email from another NeighBUZZ.com member.
- What is the purpose of my Profile Home page?
Your Profile Home is the place that each member is taken to when your name is clicked anywhere within the website. The more information you provide about yourself for viewing the easier it is for other members to identify if they have something in common with you.
- How do I change the information?
Each field has an Edit button allowing you to make changes as needed, and you can select the level of privacy for each field under the Security Settings tab.
- What is a blog and how do I start one?
Blogs provide members the opportunity to post their thoughts on various topics that are available for anyone to view. Click on the Create/Edit post link under the Blogs tab of your Profile Home.
- How do I post events?
Click on the calendar icon located in the upper right hand corner of the website.
- How do I edit or delete my events?
All events can be edited or deleted after first clicking on that event.
- How do I post pictures/videos?
To post pictures or videos go to your Home Profile and click on the Pictures/Videos tab to download your pictures or videos. Click on the Add Album to add pictures and Add Video to add videos. You can also view your videos by clicking on the View Video link.
- How do I delete my pictures/videos?
All pictures and videos can be deleted by clicking on the Delete Album link at the bottom of the Photo Album box on within the Photos/Videos tab on the Home Profile page.
- What is the purpose of this and how do I change my security settings?
NeighBUZZ.com respects the privacy of each member and provides this Security Settings feature on the Home Profile page for members to choose the level of privacy they want. To change your settings go to the Home Profile page and click on the Security Settings tab to make your changes.
- How do searches work?
Members have access to a Simple Search at the top of each page and a more detailed search by clicking on the Advanced Search button. After typing the item you wish to search in the Simple Search, a list view will appear along with a map view showing the location of each member that resulted from the search. The Advanced Search provides the opportunity to sort your searches in various ways.
- What types of abuse should I look for?
If you notice any offensive pictures, videos and/or abusive language on the website you are encouraged to report it.
- How do I report this abuse?
If you have the opportunity to flag abuse then please do. You may also notify us at email@example.com.
- How can I contact NeighBUZZ.com?
You may email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact our office by calling (800) 555-5123.